Benefits of Installing a Smart Door Lock
You left the house in a rush, will be away for several hours, and aren’t sure you locked the door behind you. Your houseguests are scheduled to arrive just when you need to pick your son up from karate class. You want to give your housekeeper access to your house, but only when she’s expected to be there. Sound familiar?
Enter the August Lock
Dating back to the sixth century B.C., physical keys are undeniably simple to use, but they may not be the best security solution for modern life. They can easily get lost or fall into the wrong hands, and they make it complicated to manage access to your home while you’re not physically present.
Recognizing this, August Smart Lock co-founders Jason Johnson and Yves Behar want to help you “keep the bad guys out and the good guys in,” through their sleek smart lock, which integrates with your smartphone to allow you to control access to your home in a variety of ways.
How it Works
Several smart locks have come onto the market in recent years, but none beat the ease of installation or the rich feature set of the August Lock. Using Bluetooth Low Energy technology, the August Lock replaces the thumbturn on your deadbolt and allows you to control your lock remotely. Key features of the lock include the following:
- Automatic Locking: Your August Lock will recognize you and automatically unlock as you approach. No more rummaging around for your keys, or struggling to balance packages as you let yourself in or out of your house.
- Timed Locking: Set a timer so that your door automatically locks behind you after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Remote Locking and Unlocking: Use the August Connect accessory to check whether your door is locked, as well as to lock or unlock it on demand.
- Virtual Keys: You can send virtual keys to anyone who may need to enter your house while you’re away. These keys can give guests and service providers access during the time periods you specify.
- Custom Entry Codes: As an alternative to virtual keys, the August Keypad give you the ability to give individuals custom entry codes.
- Front Door Visibility: You can install the August Doorbell Cam to get an instant visual of who’s at your front door, even while you’re away. A motion detector will send an alert to your smartphone whenever someone approaches the door, even if they don’t ring the bell or attempt to enter.
Combining these capabilities into one system gives you unprecedented control over access to your home, along with the hugely convenient ability to manage your front door from anywhere.
Do you need help with a home improvement project? Text your home project to 776-776 to instantly get a flat-rate price and schedule a certified professional. Get a price. Get a pro. Get it done.
- How Your Home Can Benefit From a Smart Thermostat
- 9 Smart Devices to Improve Your Home Life
- 15 Tips for Safeguarding Your Home